Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy List Monday

I've been INSPIRED lately. God just keeps bringing up the importance of giving thanks for the little things. This entire month, focusing on the positive has cropped up everywhere: in our devotions, in a TED Talk we watched, in conversations with friends, even in a friend's blog (http://joshfeelsfine.blogspot.com/). Every week Josh (who I actually met here in Cameroon a year and a half ago) makes an "Anti-Fear" list about happy things, and I love reading them, and have been trying to make mini lists of my own every day. So now it is going on my blog, to spread the joy and maybe inspire some of you to make your own.

  • Rain, for the fourth day in a row in the middle of dry season
  • Laughing at the cats with Sarah
  • Avocados
  • Looking at world maps
  • Skyping with my mother and siblings <3
  • Writing letters
  • Water
  • The puppies squeezing through the cat door to come inside
  • The Downton Abbey soundtrack
  • Mechanical pencils
  • Reading and falling asleep with a cat lying on top of me
  • Writing this blog and knowing that there are other people out there in the world who like reading it
  • Psalm 91
  • Singing Phantom of the Opera to Fadi and Maimu, who just laugh and laugh
  • Getting a long and lovely email from my sister

No comments:

Post a Comment