Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Heeere We Are

We have arrived! It took us over 20 hours of flying, and 5+ hours of driving and layovers, but we are here, finally. I like the idea of travel, and reaching destinations, but the actual, unavoidable process of getting from point A to B is loathsome. Oh well, that is over and done with! Yaounde is loud, busy, and humid, but the weather is apparently much cooler than normal, and Bamenda will be even better. It still feels a bit like we're in limbo, like the airport did, only here there is the ability to move, internet (sometimes), and lots and lots to eat.

Speaking of eating, we had our first Cameroonian meal tonight. Sweet potatoes, rice, lentils, and - my favorite - peanut sauce! Ha... just kidding, I found out last year I detest peanut sauce. But this is not the time to be faint-hearted! Courage, or as they say here in French, "Coo-raage!" Haha.

All in all, it is good to be here, however much I miss those back home. <3 No seat belts, fresh fruit on every corner (literally), and the prospect of an entire year to learn countless new things! Yay! And I am so glad to have friends like Katelyn and Sarah, who are adjusting as well as me, although in different ways. I can tell it is going to be quite the year... if our sitting on the couch making our belly fat talk to each other in different accents is any indication.

We are very mature. And now we are going to watch a romantic movie and cry. Until we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. My mom, dad, and I are already loving your posts! I'm sooo glad you're going to keep a blog! Praise God that you all arrived safely and that he's giving you the courage already to put up with peanut sauce! ;)
    Sounds like you're already having fun, or at least your belly fat is! Love you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete