Friday, November 16, 2012

Change

"It was November – the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul." ~L.M. Montgomery

A friend shared this quote on facebook and I loved it so much I had to share it with all of you! It fits November so perfectly, even here in Africa. There are indeed great sweeping winds that have replaced the rains and are slowly ushering in dry season, but November so far has been rather in-between. The mud is gone, the dust has yet to come, so it's altogether lovely, and perfect for afternoon rides out in the sunshine! The other day Sarah, Katelyn and I rode the horses to the orphanage for Bible club. Riding is one of those small things that make every day so much better – blows all the fog and cobwebs straight out, and clears things up a bit. I hope each and every one of you has something that does that for you, because it's one of the most peaceful, refreshing things in the world!

Thank the Lord for little things, right? Like peanut butter cookies and buying presents for someone else and flowers and making messes! Jolly good stuff, right there. It all made this week grand in spite of its uneventfulness. Plus it was exactly four months ago today that we left for Cameroon! It feels like it's been so much longer than that, yet at the same time a bit like we just arrived. It's been a crazy weird fun four months, that's for sure. I'd like to say that I've changed since leaving America, but I couldn't tell you anything more specific or important than how I now like bananas and cook a lot more than I ever did. I mean, that's something, but as to major soul-searching life decisions and such, you'll have to wait and see for yourselves upon my return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment