Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Snowglobes and Candy

The day has come. I've reached a point where I have no motivation or material with which to write my blog. I know you probably want to hear more about Africa and my wonderfully exciting life here, but I'm no longer encountering as many new things to discuss and describe to you all. Life has been settling slowly, not unlike glitter in a snowglobe, and finally the chaos has subsided into a blanket of snow upon the ground (... all entirely metaphorical, of course, since Bamenda never gets snow - though I heard it hailed in town the other day! Cool beans.) The days pass in a blur - still much faster than I have ever experienced - but routine has sunk in, and I appreciate it. Work (consisting of helping Katelyn and Lum with school, doing my own online class, and working on the Luke lessons) is going well, and there is always time left in the day to ride the horses, read Lord of the Rings, cook something delectable, play guitar, chase Fiver about the house, color, etc. 

Karen and Katelyn returned today from Yaounde, and safely too! Of course there was the broken air conditioning, getting the car stuck in a hole, and running out of gas, but hey - TIA! What matters is that they had a marvelous time and brought us back lots of candy! :) I'm thankful for unhealthy, sugary deliciousness at times when nothing else will do... and books I can get lost in, and the chance to take Prince for a run on back roads, and music to soothe my soul. I don't know how God did it, but music really is magic - "A magic beyond all we do here." (Dumbledore)

P.S. If any of you lovely readers have questions or want to know about something specific, ask away! I promise to answer them to the best of my ability. And I do love comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathleen! Do you get to speak to the people there in their own language? Have they taught it to you, or do they know English? Do you ride bareback? I can only imagine the splendor of riding free in open country! Sounds amazing=D
    thinking and praying for you,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your prayers are greatly greatly appreciated. Most people here speak Pidgin, and we don't, but they know simple English, so we speak that in a Cameroonian accent and we understand each other. :) And no, we don't ride bareback because the horses' backs are too bony! Haha so we use bareback pads instead.

      Delete