Saturday, March 16, 2013

Volare

Interesting week, to say the least. It sped by as per usual – have you looked at a calendar today? Do you realize it's March? Not just March, but March 16. The Ides of March came and went, and I didn't remember it at all, which is sad because I didn't get to walk around the house telling people to "BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH" all doom-and-gloom-like. (And I also forgot to give out my Harry Potter valentines to everyone on Valentine's Day, too. Sniff.) The months have been sneaking on by, all sneaky-like, and I'm afraid that my last (suddenly measly and scant) four months will sneak right by in the same sneaky way. I feel as if I was on a spaceship, and spent some time in a closet or some spaceship nook reading a book, then came back out and suddenly discovered that we went into light speed and no one told me, and here we are nearing some planet in the Outer Rim when I thought we were still hanging around Coruscant. What is that about? Africa is this weird, magical, contradictory continent where time doesn't matter one whit, but still manages to creep up behind you and bite you in the butt, just like Fiver did to Jane a few weeks ago.

But happy things have been happening, which is partly the reason for my shock and reluctance to part with the distinct charm of West Africa, and also this blog post. Riding the horses has lately become our daily activity, and I can pass it off for exercise which means getting out of working out, and MANGOS ARE HERE which means a continual state of sticky fingers, slimy faces, and taste buds floating in a sea of bliss. Today I wrote an essay for my World Lit class, which may not sound very lovely, but I personally just LOVE the feeling of finishing an essay. It ranks right up there with eating the hoho part of an ice cream hoho cake, and taking accidentally excellent pictures, and turning off the alarm and going back to sleep. AND we finally had a quiet, restful, relaxing day of doing absolutely nothing after a long string of busy go-go-go weekends that were more exhausting than the week. I woke up today feeling yucky, so Sarah and I stayed in bed watching Across the Universe and Friends, and then we had a pizza and movie night just for us, since last night we hosted the missionary Bible study. And now I have nothing more to say, so goodnight to you all and happy 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment